Sunday, December 26, 2004

First post

Okay, so here it is. The first blog post. Basically, I intend this blog to serve two purposes:

1) To solicit discussion on issues which I don't fully understand, and which I don't feel are covered enough on other blogs or in the mainstream media. That could be a challenge at first, since this blog will have like, no readers, but hey, at first I'll just learn by talking to myself.
2) To persuade, on issues which I do fully understand(or at least think I do until someone shows me otherwise). I'm afraid I'm not nearly as good a writer or as persuasive as some of the great bloggers like Steven Den Beste or Andrew Sullivan or Matthew Yglesias, but I'll give it a shot because I love challenges.

I imagine someone might peek over from Ebay's Town Square, so welcome! I'll appreciate your feedback the same way I do on Town Square. And don't think for a minute that I will neglect my duties over there just cuz I have a blog now.:)

Mainly, I'll be linking to news stories, like most political bloggers do, or other blogs that I've been reading avidly for the last couple of years.

As for my political affiliation, I think I'll leave that to the judgement of the reader, since whenever I've attempted classified myself in the past, I've been accused of mislabeling myself for having views which are unorthodox. So I'll let you label me, or just call me names if you want. I can take it.:)